Saturday, February 20, 2010

Anatomy and Personal Doodles


So I've found that learning anatomy of muscles and the skeleton in Life Drawing so far has really inspired me to doodle lately. Granted, I'm only able to do so when I find that little nugget of spare time nestled among my stressed-out-and-way-too-busy life style.

Lately, I've been using what I've learned to work on drawing human and humanoid creatures for a book I'm writing (entitled "Surrendering World" - please buy it if and when it gets published!), and I definitely feel that this course is helping slowly move away from the anime-like sketching I've done for years.


Also, I've been doodling on a couple pages of my personal sketchbook and calling those pages my "Creature Shop". Normally, I don't draw regular animals or monster-like animals of any sort because I feel uncomfortable in that drawing realm. But after working with the human figure in this course, I've felt truly inspired to learning the anatomy of other things whether they be real or of my own creation. (Sorry for the blurriness of the image. My hand did a little tremor shake when I took the picture. I'll take a better one to replace it later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment