Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ode to Modeling Clay: How I Loathe Thee

So, for tomorrow's class we are supposed to have some muscles created out of modeling clay on our Manikens. Well - I absolutely detest it! I've done my modeling and it looks like shit.

I'm pretty sure I know why too. I've never been good at modeling anything with my hands, especially since I suffer from familial tremors. Basically, that means that any minor, detailed task that needs to be done with a person's hand is severely limited for me since I shake. Think Parkinson's disease except only in the hands.

I take medication for it, but it only limits the amount of shaking - not remove it completely. I've adapted to drawing because it's something I love doing in my spare time. As for modeling clay: I haven't worked with it since oh... middle school! That's over 10 years ago!

I apologize for ranting. Writing is just my best way for taking out my frustration if I don't want to be reduced to tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment