Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Contour Drawings

So for our last class, we worked on learning the differences between gesture drawings and contour drawings. After discussing them, we performed two examples: blind contour and continuous line drawing.

The one show here is my blind contour drawing, where the point is to draw the figure without looking at your drawing as you develop it. We took 30 minutes to do this. Personally, I'm not a fan of any blind drawing - I think this has to do with my impatience and my OCD for perfection. I want to actually look at my drawing and fix what I've done.

Anyways, we have to develop three words based on our drawings, so I choose:
  • Heavy
  • Smooth
  • Death

If you want me to explain those in any detail, just leave a comment (critique) and I'll do my best to explain. Enjoy my craptastic artwork!

2 comments: